Exporting Oracle database into ascii text

From: Sivaramakrishna Iyer Krishnan <krishnan_at_research.bell-labs.com>
Date: 27 Sep 2001 08:21:00 -0700

Hi All,

I have Oracle running on two platforms - one is HPUX and the other is Solaris.

I want to export an entire database called foo from HPUX machine as foo.dmp and import it into Solaris machine as foo.dmp.

The import and export utility of Oracle dump them into Oracle binaries which will not be compatible across platforms. Correct me if I am wrong ?.

So, I want to export the Oracle database from HPUX machine into an ascii text and import that ascii into the solaris machine that is running Oracle.

Please help me with commands as I am a beginner with Oracle or point me to some URLs if this is discussed their.

Thanks,
Krishnan. Received on Thu Sep 27 2001 - 10:21:00 CDT