Re: listener issue on 9i

From: Carl Mercer <cmercer_at_vibrant-1.com>
Date: 27 Sep 2001 05:10:49 -0700

> Trifon Anguelov <trifona_at_pacbell.net> wrote in message
> > Carl Mercer wrote:
>
> > I just started

> Carl,
>
> Did you create database with SID=VL_dev?
>
> If you did try to start the db and check again.
>
> Trifon Anguelov
> Senior Oracle DBA

This instance has gone through alot, it was renamed (from DCI_S12 to VL_dev) as an 8.1.7 instance and then upgraded to 9.0.1 using the Migration GUI. I have stopped and started it many times with the same result.

I tried to create a listener for an instance created under 9.0.1 and I get the same result. It seems to me to either be a bug (not likely) or an issue with my listener file/confguration. I have dealt with listeners and sqlnet/net8 since 7.0 and I have never seen anything like this. I tried searching for the message on metalink and there was nothing. Also nothing in deja.

Thanks for the try though.

Carl Received on Thu Sep 27 2001 - 07:10:49 CDT