Re: start an extenal program

From: Ban Spam <ban-spam_at_operamail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 00:32:06 GMT

"Paul Meier" <stefan.porges_at_berlin.de> wrote in news:9os918$en1ns$1_at_ID-109621.news.dfncis.de:

> Hello and good morning,
>
> in this time i have a big problem. Following facts:
>
> - There is a trigger, wich wirtes a file on a specific directory. This
> file should be used in an exe.file.
> - This action should working automaticly - my idea - the trigger could
> start this file.
>
> - The Idea: - trigger writes file
> - trigger starts the exe.file with the name of the
> written
> file as parameter
>
> No my question - is that possible - i cant find any documentation
>
> I only found the possibility to start a dll through the trigger. That i
> try to avoid because i dont know how to do this.
>
> Thanks to all
>
> SP

On MetaLink

         Note:109095.1

http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showNOT?p_id= 109095.1&p_showHeader=1&p_showHelp=0

Describes in detail how to invoke an OS command by invoking a PL/SQL procedure that is wrapped around some JAVA code. All source code is contained in the NOTE. I was able to follow the recipe & get it going in less than 30 minutes.

P.S.
be aware of the line wrap on the URL above.

HTH & YMMV! Received on Wed Sep 26 2001 - 19:32:06 CDT