Re: How to tune a SQL with 4 sbu-queries?

From: Niall Litchfield <Niall.Litchfield_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 22:52:34 +0100

dino

rewrite means to write again.

suppose you have a materialized view emp10 for employees in dept 10

eg

create materialized view emp10 as select * from emp where deptno = 10;

you could perhaps issue

select employee_name from emp where deptno = 10;

Oracle might decide with query rewite going on to instead issue

select employee_name from emp10; if it were faster. this is query rewrite oracle is satisfying you request by issuing an equivalent that it considers better.

HTH Niall