Re: Help me please!

From: Joe Maloney <mpir_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: 26 Sep 2001 09:01:56 -0700

start up sqlplus.

at userid enter internal
at password enter oracle (or whatever the default is in your version)

at prompt,

1a grant connect, resource to userid identified by password

or

1b create user userid identified by passowrd

    grant connect,resource to userid

Question 2 is more difficult. You will need to start the Oracle communications package (usually at least the listener), which should have been configured during the install.

Whether this is sufficient depends on lots of things--how are you connected to the internet (what proxy servers, firewalls, yada yada), what security you need.