Re: PL/SQL Performance Issue or Slow Cursor?

From: Vance Wu <vwu_at_anacomp.com>
Date: 26 Sep 2001 02:22:56 -0700

I tried to use hint, it didn't help.

Sorry, I'm new to Explain plan, I need to do a lot of reading before I know exactly what I'm doing.

Or, can you guide me the quickest way to run Explain plan in producing the statistics info.

Currently I'm using PL/SQL Developer to run the test script against the Oracle database, it run across multiple stored procedures, but 95% of the execution time spent on fetching the cursor that I mentioned earlier (I was using break point setting to time the execution path and found the bottleneck). At the end of the execution, PL/SQL Develpoer produces the following statistics info:

Name                            Last        Total
CPU used  by this session       1345        1348
physical reads                  0           0
physical writes                 0           0
session logical reads           310922      310933
sorts (disk)                    0           0
sorts (memory)                  3           3
sorts (rows)                    3           3
table fetch by rowid            933581      933582
table scan blocks gotten        123         123
table scan row gotten           51          51
table scan (long tables)        0           0
table scan (short table)        51          51

Vance.