Solaris 8 and Oracle8.1.7

From: Harry Sheng <hsheng_at_innovance.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:24:29 -0400

Hi, group

I am trying to install Oracle817 on a solaris8 box. But after the installation, I could not create database, even the starter DB.
The error code is "ORA-03114" when I try to use Oracle Universal Installer, or Oracle Database Configuration Assistant to create the database. When I try to create the database with sqlplus or svrmgrl, the error code is "ORA-03113". The Oracle817 documents have not mentioned any required patches for Solaris8.
I tried patches for Solaris2.6/2.7, it seems not relevent.

I do found the libraries for the LU6.2 protocol is not in the required directory.
But I have no idea what the package name, or library file name for these libraries is.
Are these libraries Solaris provided libraries or Oracle provided libraries ?

Anybody could give me some advice?

Thanks in advance.

Harry Received on Tue Sep 25 2001 - 13:24:29 CDT