Re: Oracle 8i Network bandwidth problem?

From: Serge <phisolophe_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 13:52:16 -0400

Just my 2 cents...

Oracle is I/O and CPU intensive, it does not demand much of network bandwidth. The returned cursors from large queries are large packets and are pretty efficient. You gain more by tweeking the process than by adding network bandwidth, usually...

Most certainly your bottleneck will be disk access. You might want to spread those tables over multiple disks and separate indexes too. Load balancing your I/O will yeald the greatest returns...

Then others might have a different opinion..

Regards,

Serge