Re: HowTo oracle 8i replication?

From: Brandon <oracle.admin_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 17:24:31 GMT

Sure, you need to start replication. If you are using the gui tool then click the button that says to start it or use sql plus and type:

execute dbms_repcat.resume_master_activity('arequest');

That should work allow you to update the record. You might want to look into conflict resolution, too, if you haven't already. There are sample scripts to do it on otn.oracle.com and in the docs but if you want, just reply to this group and I''ll send you some.

Brandon