Alter session statements generated from OleDB Provider

From: Greg Akins <gakins_at_gatewayhealthplan.com>
Date: 25 Sep 2001 06:35:41 -0700

I have an ASP application which relies on Oracle OleDB 8.1.6. When the application is being used, the following 'Alter Session' statements appear. I am not purposely generating them, so I assume they are being created by the Provider components.

ALTER SESSION SET nls_date_format = 'yyyy-mm-dd hh24:mi:ss' nls_numeric_characters = '.,'

ALTER SESSION SET nls_date_format = 'yyyy-mm-dd hh24:mi:ss' nls_numeric_characters = '.,'

The problem is that they are creating sessions that aren't being killed by PMON and I end up with dozens of these session in v$session and have to kill them manually.

Can anybody tell me why these session are created and what, if anything, I should do about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-greg Received on Tue Sep 25 2001 - 08:35:41 CDT