Porting Oracle7 -> Oracle8 Pro*C

From: LE ROUX <pyleroux_at_ekip.fr>
Date: 25 Sep 2001 00:40:23 -0700

Hi,
We are porting proc programs from oracle 7.2.3 to oracle 8.1.7. we will have to add indicator variable for the host variables in the fetch statements. This is a hell lot of job. Oracle says that
adding the following compilation flags will solve the problem. CHAR_MAP=VARCHAR2 DBMS=V8 UNSAFE_NULL=YES MODE=ORACLE. OK it works well in the fetch, select or insert statement but when we call a stored procedure, if a parameter is defined as an IN/OUT or OUT we receive the famous ORA-1405 when the return value is NULL! Do we have a possibility to cancel this ORA-1405? If not do you know a piece a piece of software that can help us to automatize the addition of the indicator variable?

thanks in advance
PYLR Received on Tue Sep 25 2001 - 02:40:23 CDT