Re: using oracle on IIS (since we are using Active server pages)

From: Rob <robsinn_at_home.pipex.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:56:36 +0100

I don't know about running Oracle itself on NT. What we do is run Oracle 8i on Solaris and we wrote ASP scripts (running on IIS and NT4) to connect and access the Oracle schema data.

We wrote ASP scripts to retrieve and display data from Sybase, Oracle and SQL Server and all that was different was the ODBC data sources and the ADO connect strings.

I would imagine if you got Oracle Server running successfully on NT you wouldn't have any trouble using ASP.

Rob