Creation of DB & Control files

From: Lee Crampton <lee_at_avbrief.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:02:36 +0100

Hi All
I have installed Oracle 8i on linux Red Hat 7.1 (with much fudging around). When attempting it on a second remote machine, I had various problems which I took to be due to X and my connection. In short after 5 attempts the futhest I could get was to 80% of the DB initialisation.

Now I can start an Oracle instance but cannot mount a DB simply because the job didn't finish. I have lookes at many pages on creating control files etc, but I need a bit more than that. Since runInstaller isn't a script I can't work out what tasks to perform in order to do this. In short, can anyone provide me with the means to create and init some DB space with control files.

Many thanks in advance.

Lee Crampton Received on Mon Sep 24 2001 - 04:02:36 CDT