Re: Installing Oracle on Red Hat Linux 6.2

From: Manuela Mueller <520040906697-0001_at_t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:20:10 +0200

>I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.6 on Red Hat linux 6.2
>
>I got this error
>
>cannot found usr/bin/make ,
>
>Now this message comes at very end , it seesm that Oracle Installed
>Succesfuly but while Oracle Adding Protocol Support I gets this
>messasge.
>

>any help would be Appreciated.
>

>Faheem Rao

Hello Faheem,
first idea, please check your path settings, maybe /usr bin/ is not included..
Issue 'echo $PATH' at command line. Output should be something like: /usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin: ...

Check location of your executables. This is described in Oracle8i Installation Guide 'System Requirements'. Regards
Manuela Mueller Received on Mon Sep 24 2001 - 03:20:10 CDT