Re: using oracle on IIS (since we are using Active server pages)

From: Frederik Akre Pedersen <frederik_at_nhhs.no>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 13:25:10 +0200

"Rob" <robsinn_at_home.pipex.com> wrote in message news:3bab7550$0$8512$cc9e4d1f_at_news.dial.pipex.com...
> Frederik Akre Pedersen wrote in message <9ofr43$mgd$1_at_colon.nhh.no>...
> >is there any way this can work?
> >
> >also, reason for this is the fact that we have an ASP website, but we're
> >considering migrating to Oracle and we're then trying to estimate how
much
> >time / money it will take to migrate existing websites...

> What are you migrating from ?
>
> If you already use ODBC to connect to your data source and use ADO then
it's
> easy.

Currently we have a website on IIS 4.0 using ASP to an Access DB and also some instances of SQL Server 7.

Do I get you right in that there is no issue running Oracle on a Windows NT 4.0 server?

(and therefore that you can easily use ASP with Oracle?)

Thanks,
Frederik Received on Sun Sep 23 2001 - 06:25:10 CDT