Re: Crash recovery is not working, any ideas?

From: T. Schwickert <schwickert_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Sep 2001 01:39:46 -0700

john.darrah_at_usa.net (John Darrah) wrote in message >
> Why do some people on this newsgroup seem to take enjoyment in
> belittling others? Do posts like this make you feel smart? Does that
> fact that someone has a major crisis at their (or as you would write
> "there") job amuse you? The people on this form answer questions and
> don't criticize. Posts like yours only serve to inflate certain
> people's fragile egos and waste disk space.

Hey, that's not enjoyment, but shaking head. If the posting would be from someone privatly, who says, hey, I've got a problem, I'm playing around with oracle, and now, I don't know anymore, I would help without thought.
However, if someone posts here, with a real company email adress, the company is involved in issurances, and say, we have got no DBA, it's unbelievable.
If the original poster has nothing to do with the company, at least the posted problem has nothing to do with the company, it's very bad for this company.
Suppose I've got to decide some insurances related things. After this post, I would never ever get in contact with this company.

Ok, I'll stop it now Received on Sat Sep 22 2001 - 03:39:46 CDT