How to reduce memory usage in OAS

From: Philip <qinghuiz_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Sep 2001 20:35:50 -0700

Our client side is Oracle Form loaded via Internet Browser. Oracle application server is used as the web server (all Oracle Forms are in OAS). In our current configuration, each client connects to the OAS will have a dedicated server process generated in the application server. Each server process will consume 10M to 30M of memory. So the total memory usage is huge when there are thousands of clients connect to the server. Since the Form clients have a very high idle time, how can we configure the OAS to make multiple clients share the same server process (similar to the MTS on Oracle Database) to reduce the memory usage (in Application Server)?

Thanks in advance! Received on Fri Sep 21 2001 - 22:35:50 CDT