Re: SOS - ORA 600 and no backup :-(((

From: Andrew Hardy <nobody_at_spam.from.news.AdvanticaTech.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 09:27:05 +0100

This error seems to be linked with creating control files and not performing a media recovery...

Metalink suggests:

  1. Recreate the controlfile again
  2. Perform media recovery RECOVER DATABASE (if create controlfile was NORESETLOGS) or RECOVER DATABASE USING BACKUP CONTROLFILE (if using RESETLOGS)
      If using the BACKUP CONTROLFILE option you may need to supply the
      names of the ONLINE logs to complete the recovery.

3. Open the database
           ALTER DATABASE OPEN;
        or ALTER DATABASE OPEN RESETLOGS

If there are still problems contact Oracle Support Services.

Andy