Re: Which backup system ? newbie

From: Paul Drake <paledHOWMUCHSPAMCANYOUEAT_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 03:18:35 GMT

 > backup database; is all it takes.

its that easy?
I guess that I can no longer dismiss RMAN.

I would have said:

but that's cuz I have a killer set of backup scripts in the nt shell (sql plus, mostly) that even handle archlog propagation for standby database (once a day, nothing too fancy). and small databases.

yeah, I downloaded 9.0.1.1 for win32 this week, but haven't installed it yet.

<opinion>
9.0.1.1 - It was shipped for the stockholders, not for the DBAs. 8.1.7.2.1 is where your production db should be (on win32) </opinion>

Paul