Re: Oracle simple task

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 08:45:32 +0200

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote :

> > I'm having trouble listing out all tables in oracle using this sql..
> > select * from v$database
> >
> Your sql-statement is incorrect.
> Please refer to dba_tables

<snipped>

And that is it Sybrand!? I mean sheez.. this guy is using v$database of all things to look for the data dictionary! Duh.. How on earth do you get to v$databse without some RTFM'ing.. How on earth can you then think that v$database contains the entire data dictionary! Where's the sarcasm? Where's the witty and sharp response? Where's the real Sybrand?

What the _hell_ have you aliens done with the real Sybrand!!

;-)

--
Billy