Re: OEM Console 2.1 Java Error

From: Marty Grinstead <marty_grinstead_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 19:56:37 -0000

Hi Martin,

The OEM client and OMS must be the same version.

However, the error message that SHOULD be returned on your OEM client would inform you that the client version is not compatable with the OMS version.

I suspect you do have a network resolution problem, but even if that is the problem, and you get it resolved, you will still not be ble tto use your 2.2 console with the existing 2.1 OMS.

Good Luck,
Marty

Martin Schenk <martin.schenk_at_nospam.sbs.at> wrote in message news:9ocnr6$8ch$1_at_news.siemens.at...
> Hi Tim!
>
> I thought too..... but i've now installed the OEM 2.2 client and the error
> remains the same.
> It seems to be a network configuration problem - i've looked through
oracle
> metalink and all sources i could find. I found 2 posts with the same
problem
> desciption, but no solution for it....
>
> best regards
> martin
> (still hoping for help :-) )
>

> "timkarnold" <timkarnold_at_home.com> wrote in message
> > I think you are correct. You'll need to install OEM 2.2
> >
> > "Martin Schenk" <martin.schenk_at_nospam.sbs.at> wrote in message
> > > Hallo!
> > >
> > > I've got a problem connnecting to an Oracle Management Server with the
> OEM
> > > Console.
> > > The infrastructure looks as followed:
> > >
> > > Linux-Server
> > > -------------------
> > > Oracle 8.1.7.0.1 | all components
> > > installed from the technet oracle 8.1.7
> > > Enterprise Manager Repository | enterprise edition
> > > downloadable cd
> > > Oracle Management Server (2.2?) |
> > >
> > > Client
> > > -------------------
> > > Oracle Enterprise Manager Client 2.1
> > >

> > > As long as I stay local on the linux machine, it's no problem to
connect
> > > the OMS:
> > > oemapp console & works just fine and i'm able to connect to the -
> now -
> > > local OMS.
> > >
> > > Now I try to connect from the client. I start the oem console, enter
the
> > > server name which is resolved to the FQDN. I enter username and
passwort
> ,
> > > all the same like on the local console.
> > > But nothing happens, except for several java errors - i guess
somethings
> > > wrong with the naming resolution, either os-related or orale-related:
> > >
> > > org.omg.CORBA.NO_IMPLEMENT[completed=MAYBE]
> > > at

com.visigenic.vbroker.orb.GiopStubDelegate.locate(GiopStubDelegate.java:399)
> > > at
> > >
> com.visigenic.vbroker.orb.GiopStubDelegate.bind(GiopStubDelegate.java:117)
> > > at com.visigenic.vbroker.orb.ORB.bind(ORB.java:1240)
> > > at

com.visigenic.vbroker.orb.UnboundStubDelegate.bind(UnboundStubDelegate.java:
> > > 27)
> > > at

com.visigenic.vbroker.orb.UnboundStubDelegate.request(UnboundStubDelegate.ja
> > > va:115)
> > > at

com.visigenic.vbroker.orb.UnboundStubDelegate.request(UnboundStubDelegate.ja
> > > va:107)
> > > at
> org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._request(ObjectImpl.java:153)
> > > at

org.omg.CosNaming._st_NamingContext.resolve(_st_NamingContext.java:371)
> > > at oracle.sysman.vxx.vxxo.VxxoORB.list(VxxoORB.java:573)
> > > at
> > > oracle.sysman.vxx.vxxo.VxxoEMORB.getNextBindName(VxxoEMORB.java:780)
> > > at oracle.sysman.vxx.vxxo.VxxoEMORB.bind(VxxoEMORB.java:307)
> > > at

oracle.sysman.emSDK.client.omsClient.Client.initRegistries(Client.java:1915)
> > > at
> > > oracle.sysman.emSDK.client.omsClient.Client.doLogon(Client.java:1201)
> > >
> > > at

oracle.sysman.emSDK.client.omsClient.LogonDialog.attemptLogin(LogonDialog.ja
> > > va:962)
> > > at

oracle.sysman.emSDK.client.omsClient.LogonDialog.actionPerformed(LogonDialog
> > > .java:1145)
> > > at oracle.ewt.button.PushButton.processActionEvent(Unknown
> Source)
> > > at oracle.ewt.button.PushButton.processEventImpl(Unknown
Source)
> > > at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.LWComponent.redispatchEvent(Unknown
Source)
> > > at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.LWComponent.processEvent(Unknown Source)
> > > at oracle.ewt.button.PushButton.activate(Unknown Source)
> > > at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.AbstractButton._processKeyPress(Unknown
> > Source)
> > > at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.AbstractButton.processKeyEvent(Unknown
> Source)
> > > at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:2216)
> > > at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:904)
> > > at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.LWComponent.processEventImpl(Unknown
Source)
> > > at oracle.ewt.button.PushButton.processEventImpl(Unknown
Source)
> > > at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.LWComponent.redispatchEvent(Unknown
Source)
> > > at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.LWComponent.processEvent(Unknown Source)
> > > at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:1816)
> > > at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:949)
> > > at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:1748)
> > > at
> > > java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processKeyEvent(Container.java:1489)
> > > at
> > java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:1473)
> > > at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:936)
> > > at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:491)
> > > at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:1748)
> > > at

java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:79)