Q: How to commit data with Component Services (W2k)?

From: Roy van der Pijl <nospam_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 21:01:49 +0200

Hi,

I have a (big) problem.

Situation.
An Oracle 8i database (8.1.7) on a VAX/Open VMS machine and a Windows2000 server.
I have installed the "Oracle Component for MTS" on the Win2000 machine and now I am writing components in C++ using OCI-calls to interface with the database.

Al seems to go well. I wrote some small programms to select some data from tables but now I want to change (update/insert) data in a table.....and here comes the problem......after the component is called (and returns with a OK status) the data is not commited to the database. Only after I 'shut down' the component in component services the data is commited. This also happens after the time-out in CS has passed (it is set a 3 minutes).

When I choose the option to 'leave component running when idle" the data is never commited.

I do release the object with the object->release() statement and I also call the OraMtsSvcrel() and free the remaining handles.....

There are no errors comming from the OCI-calls.......and in fact the data is changed...but not commited... I tried to call the OCITransCommit() function but that is not allowed when using a object runing under Component Services (so the documentation says)

Do I do something terribly wrong ??? Please help, Roy Received on Thu Sep 20 2001 - 14:01:49 CDT