Re: Tablespaces and indexes

From: Andreas Stephan <andreas.stephan.as_at_bayer-ag.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 14:13:00 +0200

Hi Michiel,

itīs better to place indexes on separate tablespaces on separate disks! I/O will be much better if data and index do not reside on one disk. One potential alternative is to build a stripe set of as much disks as you can afford (but please remeber to mirror the set - a loss of one disk could cost your whole data otherwise) and put all tablespaces - data or index - on this stripe set. I/O will be equal on all disks and no single bottleneck will slow down your warehouse.

HTH
Andy

Michiel Brunt <mbrunt_at_inergy.nl> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 9ock03$6lj$1_at_scavenger.euro.net...