Q: Which backup system ? newbie

From: Wolfgang Blümlhuber <wolfgang.bluemlhuber_at_rz.fh-regensburg.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 08:57:19 +0200

Hi,

I need to configure a new server for our Oracle 9i. running on NT4 The Server will be a DELL 4400 with 4x 18GB SCSI Our database has a size of about 4 GB now but will increase twice the next few years.

The question is: how to backup this system? I don't think that it is necessary to backup all the disks every day ?!? Is there anything in oracle like writing logical locks directly to tape (like
in informix)?
I thought to backup a full database export on friday and write logical locks to tape until the next export will be saved.

What do you recomend for a save backup management ?? Which software can you recomend ??

Any help will be appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

Wolfgang. Received on Thu Sep 20 2001 - 01:57:19 CDT