Re: Novell 5 with Oracle & Sunsystems

From: <frank.seuberth_at_consors.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:35:12 +0200

Eagle Wong wrote:

> Hello Everyone:
>
> My server is Novell netware 5.1. Recently, our company want to purchase the
> Sunsystems. What version of Oracle database engine should I buy? And also

On SUN Systems the 8.1.7.3 ORACLE RDBMS ist very stable.

> anybody has comment on novell environment running the Oracle database engine
> with Sunsystems?

I do not understand at the moment. Do you like to run the RDBMS under Novell or SUN ?
NOVELL is not longer a strategic plattform for ORACLE. As far as I know the 8.1.5. (or 8.1.6)
is the last Version Oracle will ship. (Have a look at their site)

Frank