Re: Implicit recompile ?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 11:09:17 +1000

Implicit recompile only works for the first call if the dependencies are local (ie, all within the one database). If you;ve got a dblink, and a procedure in database A referencing a table in database B, then when you call the procedure, it doesn't know it's invalid yet.... so it hares off down the link, expecting to work, finds the SCN of the table has changed, invalidates itself and throws an error.

The *second* time that procedure is called, however, since it already now knows it is invalid, it hares off down the link, grabs the new SCN on the table and recompiles itself and executes normally.

So the obvious question is: is everything you are describing all within the one database, or are you using dblinks?

Regards