Re: start oracle while solaris reboot

From: Phil Hoggins <philip.hoggins_at_uk.sun.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:22:07 +0100

you need to edit the rc2.d files, create 1 Snnoracle file and 1 Knnoracle file.

I've attached 2 bnasic ones for you to use. Remember to do the same for the listener.

Rgds

john wrote:

> Hi, does any one know how to edit solaris init files to let oracle database
> start automatically when the solaris is reboot? Which files should I edit,
> and which oracle file/process I call?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> john

# Place in rc0.d
# Script to shutdown/startup Oracle at system shutdown/startup

case $1 in

'start')

	echo "Starting Up  Oracle databases"
        su - oracle -c /usr/local/bin/dbstart.sh &
        sleep 60
        ;;

'stop')
	echo "Shutting Down Oracle"
        su - oracle -c /usr/local/bin/dbshut.sh &
	sleep 60
        ;;

*)
        echo "usage: $0 {start|stop}"