Re: Oracle 8.1.7 ODBC can't see changes made by other process

From: Matthias Gresz <nospam_at_newsranger.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 13:49:26 GMT

In article <Bf1q7.4808$JN.18807_at_news1.sttls1.wa.home.com>, Jim Kennedy says...

The other point is:

If you start the select gathering all the data from the whole table (supposing this is taking some time), oracle supplies you with a read consistent view from the point when you started the query, so that the changes made to several records won't be part of the consistent view.

Matthias