Character sets

From: <NeedaHoliday>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 08:47:23 -0400

I am working with Windows NT using Oracle 8.05 under a Unix operating system. Every package on my system i.e. Excel, Word, Notepad etc.. allows me to use french characters. If I use Telnet and use SQLPlus, I can insert and display french character in the database. When I use PowerBuilder and SQLProgrammer, I can enter the french characters but it is save and displayed differently.

Is there a parameter in Oracle that I should verify and change. I have my suspicions that it is an Oracle setup.

Thanks in advance

james.stewart_at_nospamPWGSC.GC.GC

Please remove nospam to email Received on Wed Sep 19 2001 - 07:47:23 CDT