Re: Oracle server install

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:31:39 +1000

Hi Ray,

No, I haven't. Strictly Linux and Windows installs. (And I've not had a Windows Install that didn't involve more than clicking setup.exe).

Linux was a bugger. Solaris -forget it!

Care to enlighten us on where the documentation falls down, and what the correct settings are? I'm sure there are many that would like to know (including moi, who has to teach it next week, on Solaris, and is a bit nervous that the gurus might be following the documentation!)

Regards
HJR "Ray G. Van Cleave" <rayv99_at_home.com> wrote in message news:I4Wp7.21405$L%5.17160634_at_news1.rdc1.sfba.home.com...
> I guess you haven't installed Oracle on a Sun box recently (Oracle 8i and
> 9i, Solaris 8 on an Ultra 1) - kernel parameters for shared memory are
> completely wrong in documentation.
>
> Ray
>
> "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote in message
> > Version?
> >
> > Honestly: I've not an installation yet that couldn't be resolved by
> reading
> > the installation documentation *carefully*.
> >
> > HJR
> >

> > "john" <johnliqun_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi, does anybody know how to install Oracle database in Windows NT4.0
> with
> > > SP5? I install the oracle software and choose create a new OLTP
database
> > > with Oracle database Assistant to create a DB for me, but there are
many
> > > errors in the process, and the main error message is " ORA-01034:
Oracle