any ideas on why this SQL never returns?

From: John Darrah <john.darrah_at_spambadusa.net>
Date: 18 Sep 2001 23:20:24 GMT

The following SQL statement never returns on our system (8.1.7 Sun E450 Solaris 8). When I remove the collections and replace them with tables, there is no problem. Does anybody have any ideas as to what may be going on here?

   INSERT INTO XXX_TABLE(XXX_TABLE_sid,

                     XXX_TABLE,
                     blanket_opt_in,
                     blanket_faf_out,
                     blanket_faf_in,
                     master_reject_list)
   (SELECT
         XXX_TABLE_s.nextval,tt1.*,'N','N','N','N'
    FROM (SELECT distinct * from TABLE(CAST(i_bad_email as str_v))
          MINUS
          SELECT XXX from XXX_TABLE
             WHERE email IN ( select * from TABLE(CAST(i_bad_email as
str_v)))) tt1);