Installation Problem Oracle 8.1.7 on SuSE 7.2 Linux distr.

From: Burghard W.V. Britzke <burghard.britzke_at_mde.de>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 18:35:59 +0200

hello,
after installing Oracle Enterprise Edition 8.1.7
(OracleUniversalInstaller terminates without any error)
we installed the linux oracle patch for 8.1.7 (there is only one)

when we tried to create a new database using dbassist there is an exeption is raised during startup:

libnldapj8.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
(libnldapj8.so)

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no nldapj8 in shared library path

        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java)
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java)
        at
        at

oracle.net.config.DirectoryService.getNNFLWrapperQBF(DirectoryService.java)

        at ...

such a lib does not exist on our box. did anyone of you experienced this?

thanks in advance
burghard.w.v.britzke Received on Tue Sep 18 2001 - 11:35:59 CDT