Re: Exporting from 8.1.6 on Linux

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 08:09:17 -0700

Not really sure what you're asking here. Are you just checking this can be done? If so the answer is yes. Export on the linux box, ftp the dump file in binary mode to the NT box and then use the import utility to load the data into the NT database.

--
HTH.  Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete
Author of "Oracle8i: Architecture and Administration Exam Cram"
Now got a life back again that the book is released!

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not.  It's much harder than that!"
Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA