Analyze table timing

From: broom <broom_at_voicenet.com>
Date: 18 Sep 2001 07:23:24 -0700

How can I determine how long an 'analyze compute statistics' of a table will take?

I've currently got a 3 CPU sun 450 with about 1TB of storage across 2 fibrechannel arrays, using Veritas DB for Oracle. I've got a table that currently takes about 70GB, packed in at about 95% used. Almost all varchar fields, typical records length of 1200 bytes spread across 157 fields. Currently has about 60 million records.

It's been running 10 hours so far, and I'm trying to determine how long to let it go before aborting. If I want to run again, what variables should I modify in the init, or alter system, etc, which would speed things up.

Right now it is only using one cpu (achh, phhtt). I don't see a parallel option. The table is broken out by 10 partitions in the same tablespace, which indicates to me I might be able to run concurrent analyzes on a partition basis. Received on Tue Sep 18 2001 - 09:23:24 CDT