Re: Installing Oracle

From: Anand <hsanand13_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Sep 2001 02:10:36 -0700

Hi,
Windows 98 is essentially an improved version of Windows 95! So it is correct that you are seeing an Oracle for Windows 95 folder. Although Oracle lite installs successfully, I personally was not able to locate the Start Database Icon as in Personal Edition (Oracle 8). As For Win 2000 pro, the best is to install Oracle 8i Enterprise Edition Version 8.1.6 Relase 2 or above.

Regards,
Anand