Re: Can MS Access work in Client Server Environment?

From: Colin McKinnon <colin_at_EditMeOutUnlessYoureABot.wew.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:53:15 +0100

Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam> wrote in message news:3ba33e6c.8391191_at_news...
> On 15 Sep 2001 04:39:02 -0700, sohelcsc_at_yahoo.com (Leader) wrote:
>
> >i have a question on MS Access.
> >Can MS access work in Client Server environment?
> >or MS access is only for desktop uses?
>
> That would be a question for Micro$oft at the very least?
> Yet, with ODBC and VBA I can't see why not.

Certainly not a good question to ask on an Oracle group. The short answer is sort of, but life's too short 1) to go into the detail 2) to actually configure the system to do it. Everyone I know who has done it has very soon gone on to use a proper DBMS. You can still use MS-Access as the front end.

Go buy a proper multi-user DBMS: Oracle, SQL server, SQL Anywhere, DB2.....

Or get hold of a copy of Postgress which is free.

HTH Colin Received on Mon Sep 17 2001 - 05:53:15 CDT