DBShut/DBStart scripts does'nt working in Crontab....

From: Adnan <adnanans_at_cyber.net.pk>
Date: 17 Sep 2001 07:51:35 -0700

i m using SCO-UnixWare 7 with Oracle8i Rel2 Enterprise edition. i m facing the following problem...can any body provide me with the sol.

i have created a crontab for my oracle8i user for a cold backup as follows:

0 1 * * * bk.sh

bk.sh contains the following entries:

dbshut > dbshut.log
date > endshut.log
cp /home2/oracle8i/dbfiles/* /home1/oracle8i/backup/* tar cv8 /home2/oracle8i/dbfiles/*
dbstart > dbstart.log
date > dbstartdt.log

when i run dbstart.sh and dbshut.sh manually ....they worked fine...but when i see for log file 'dbstart.log' & 'dbshut.log' the next day....the files were not there...means the database was not shutdown or started...so cold backup has been corrupted. the date entry file were available...means the crontab utility works fine.

can any body provide me with the sol..

Regards,

Adnan Received on Mon Sep 17 2001 - 09:51:35 CDT