Re: PL SQL variable/scope question

From: Jay Scheiner <jayms_at_nospamaol.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 02:48:05 GMT

Let me expand on my problem:

cursor find_rows1 is

   select * from table where....
cursor find_rows2 is

   select * from table where (completely different variables tested) cursor find_rows3 is

   select * from table where (completely different tests)

if a then
  cursor find_rows1 loop
    fomat_proc;
  end loop;
elsif b then
  cursor find_rows2 loop
    format_proc
  end loop;
else
... etc

All 3 loops are doing something with table%rowtype, but 1 common format procedure. So if I made the ct correspond to one cursor rowtype, I can't use it with the other cursors.

I'm not sure how clearly my psuedo-code is coming across. If it's not clear, I will post the full code.