Adding a datafile to a standby database

From: Night Shade Books <jasonw_at_nightshadebooks.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 17:27:56 -0700

I've added a datafile to my existing production db, and am now trying to create it on my standby database. The last time I did this, I looked it up on Metalink, but the site has been down (or at least unreachable to me) for several hours now.

I was trying :

alter tablespace INDX03A
add datafile '/u03/oradata/EBPRDS1/indx03a_03.dbf' size 501M;

but I get an error that the database is not open. I'm not really sure how to go about this, and I don't have any documentation handy, as I'm at home and my docs are at the office.

Anybody know how to do this?

    Thanks,

    Jason Williams Received on Sat Sep 15 2001 - 19:27:56 CDT