Can't start the setup program of oracle 8.1.7 in win 2000

From: Cantonese Boy <waynewan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 19:53:42 +0800

Hello,

Recently I upgrade my machine from pentiumIII 500Mhz to p4 1.7Ghz I found that I can't start the setup program of oracle 8i(8.1.7) After click the setup.exe program , there is no respone. Even no error messages come out. I have successfully install it before on my pentiumII 500Mhz machine.

I tried to install oracle 8.0.6 on the p4 1.7Ghz mahine and it's success.
Is the failure related java(the setup program of 8i is written by java?)

Thanks for any information

W Received on Sat Sep 15 2001 - 06:53:42 CDT