Linux Problem

From: Rhasta <john_at_doe.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 08:17:53 GMT

I'm trying to install Orable 8.1.7. The install process goes almost without a hitch, but completes without error. I meet the hardware requirement but software, it's another story. I have glibc 2.2. I installed blackdog jdk118_v3, downgraded to binutils 2.10.0 (I read in a few troubleshooting forum posts that downgrading would solve some problems)

My problem is that whenever I run netasst or dbassist, the process just sits there eating all cpu cycles and doing nothing else. I let it run for a few hours since in the docs it says that it could take up to an hour before the program actually launches.

No error message, no segfault, it just does nothing.

Anyone seen this before ?

Justin Received on Sat Sep 15 2001 - 03:17:53 CDT