PL SQL variable/scope question

From: Jay Scheiner <jayms_at_nospamaol.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 21:49:43 GMT

I am having trouble figuring out why this isn't working (this is a shortened version to clarify my problem)

create procedure misc as

cursor 	find_rows .....;
cr	table%rowtype;
x	number(10);

procedure subr as
begin

        x := cr.item
end subr;

--
for cr in find_rows loop
	subr;

The problem is that inside the subroutine the cursor row (cr) seems to
be empty.  Do I need to refer to it differently?  Pass it as a
parameter?  Declare it as global (how)?  Thanks for any help on this.