DBMS_JOB hourly interval

From: Alan <abkirch_at_excite.com>
Date: 13 Sep 2001 14:16:49 -0700

If anyone is looking to schedule a job using an hourly interval here is the value for that parameter.

DECODE(

       SIGN(15 - to_char( sysdate,'MI'))

, 1
, sysdate + 60 + (15 - to_char(sysdate,'MI')) /1440
, -1
, sysdate + (60 + (15 - to_char(sysdate,'MI')))/1440
, sysdate
)

Use this value for both the NEXT_DATE and the INTERVAL parameters to prevent your job from sliding.

I thought I'd post this since I was looking for it the last few days but finally I worked through it and got. If someone else got in an easier fashion go ahead and post it. Received on Thu Sep 13 2001 - 16:16:49 CDT