parameter Replication_dependency_tracking

From: Guang Mei <gmei_at_proteome.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 16:29:43 -0400

Hi,

I have a question about oracle parameter Replication_dependency_tracking

According to a Metalink doc:

41) Replication_dependency_tracking

    STATIC     Dependency tracking for read/write operation is essential for     the Replication Server to propagate changes in parallel. The default     is true and should not be changed unless one is absolutely sure     that their applications will perform no read/write to replicated     tables.

I know we are not using replication, so I am thinking of setting it to "false" to improve read/write performance. Has anyone done this and had any problems?

TIA. Guang Received on Thu Sep 13 2001 - 15:29:43 CDT