Re: oracle datafile over 2GB - how to get data out?

From: Thomas Schwickert <schwickert_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 10:22:37 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

if your max datafile size is 2GB (=2048MB), there couldn't be a datafile of over 2GB. At least I can't imaging this. I'm not quite familiar with solaris, but check ulimit of the oracle-user.
Could be that there is a limit of 2GB for file / data limit. At least on AIX before Oracle 8.1.7, that was not a problem, but with 8.1.7 oracle looks more for this limits.

Hth
 Thomas

--
Posted from  [212.20.131.226]