Oracle 9i on Linux Temp tablespace cleanup

From: Jack <jmichaan_at_infertek.com>
Date: 12 Sep 2001 17:50:39 -0700

I am currently running Oracle 9i Enterprise on SUSE Linux 7.2.

I am executing queries against the new XMLType datatype and every query adds to the Temp tablespace, which doesn't get cleaned up. Eventually, the tablespace will run out of space and Oracle will issue and error:

ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 128 in tablespace <name>

The only way to clean up the Temp tablespace seems to be by restarting the server.

Is that happening on other platforms as well? I would appreciate any help. Received on Wed Sep 12 2001 - 19:50:39 CDT