Re: sys trigger error

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 18:51:01 +0200

"Simon Cunningham" <cs40_at_gre.ac.uk> wrote in message news:3B9F335C.A55F7294_at_gre.ac.uk...
> Hi
>
> I just set up a database 817 on NT4 using the database wizard.
>
> Created a test user and created a table. When I try to drop the user or
>
> the table I get
>
> ORA-04098: trigger 'SYS.JIS$ROLE_TRIGGER$' is invalid and failed
> re-validation.
>
> does this mean that I missed something out in the set up of the
> database, something like the catlog or catproc scripts as I thought that
>
> these were automatically run from the wizard.
>
> The solution in the Oracle books says disable or drop the trigger? but
> surely this cant be the correct way to fix the problem as this is a
> system owed trigger.
>
> Any thoughts would be appreciated.

There are just NO triggers on SYS.
You either must have created your own tables etc in SYS, or you have installed a sw package in the wrong schema. The solution in the book is correct.
Other than that find out which triggers SYS owns and report back, or ask Oracle for technical assistance.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Wed Sep 12 2001 - 11:51:01 CDT