Import problem

From: Glen A Stromquist <gstromquist_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 16:04:16 GMT

I am trying to update a test db, and my import is failing with an "ORA-01653 unable to extend tablespace by 32770" error. Actually the import is working fine but this table is not importing all of its rows. This is strange because I have this all run in a script that disables constraints and triggers in the test db, truncates all of the tables, then runs the import, and up to now has worked flawlessly.

The tablespace in both db's is the same size, but I increased the test by 500 meg anyway and it still failed. The tablespace in the test db shows 30% free and the production one 20%, both test and prod tablespaces comprise of 3 datafiles.

prod db is 7.3.3 and test is 8.1.7

I suppose I could put autoextend on, but I want to know why this is happening.

here is the .imp file I am using:

FILE=\\server\ddrive\backup\exp.dmp
LOG=E:\$ORASCRIPTS\database\database_tableimp.log FEEDBACK=500
FULL=N
INDEXES=N
CONSTRAINTS=N
GRANTS=N
COMMIT=Y
ROWS=Y
IGNORE=Y
FROMUSER=USER1,USER2 thanks in advance Received on Wed Sep 12 2001 - 11:04:16 CDT