8.0.5.0.0 and bitmap-index

From: Harald Buesching <harald.buesching.hb_at_germany.agfa.com>
Date: 12 Sep 2001 02:28:03 -0700

We are running 8.0.5.0.0 on NT. Because the application is a kind of Data Warehouse system, we should use 'bitmap-indexes' and 'parallel Select', but Oracle turned them off 3 years ago when they installed the machine.
While reading the readme.txt from the Patch 8.0.5.2.6 I discovered that there are lots of bugs with 'bitmap-indexes' and 'parallel Select'. Could it be true that you shouldn't use these features in 8.0.5.0.0 ?
Is 8.0.5.2.6 okay?
After I'll get access to the machine in about 2 months I'll install the two features and directly afterward the patch. Some comments? Received on Wed Sep 12 2001 - 04:28:03 CDT