Re: OCP books

From: Dino Hsu <dino1.nospam_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 19:57:36 +0800

On 11 Sep 2001 02:43:06 -0700, aidan_at_qxlva.com (Aidan Pearce) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Im looking into taking the OCP exams at some point, ive been an Oracle
>DBA in a development environment for 20months and im not vastly
>experienced, ive found the following two packs/books:
>

>Oracle8i Certified Professional DBA Certification Exam Guide - Oracle
>Press (Certification) by Couchman,Jason; Schwinn,Ulrike
>
>and
>
>OCP Oracle8i DBA Certification Kit
>by Dawes,Chip; alet
>
>Before I bite the bullet and pay my 80pounds for one or the other, can
>anybody offer their opinion on them, ive used the other oracle press
>book and found them very useful, however, the OCP Oracle8i DBA
>Certification Kit seems to have more content and learning
>accessories,exams and palm flash cards.
>
>Thanks in advance
>Aidan Pearce.

I use Jason Couchman myself, I find it to cover about 90% of test scope, and some test questions are a little more complicated than those given in the book. However, because the passing score is around 70% correctness, so reading this book alone is adequate for the test. Another problem is that some of the topics in the book could be too concise to understand, you might have to refer to doc as well.

Dino Received on Tue Sep 11 2001 - 06:57:36 CDT